Thursday, February 17, 2011

JDub's bday

10 years ago today, JDub and I had our first official date together.... I say first official b/c well.. we had some group dates before that, but never by ourselves until that night. After getting through most of the night (a stint at the mall and a movie if I recall) it was fairly early. I asked if there was anything else he'd like to do... when he said...

"We could go to my house and eat cake?"
"Eat cake? What is it your dad's birthday or something?"
"No.... it's mine"
"What?! It's your birthday?! Are you kidding me?"

Talk about awkward. Not only was I out on a date with someone who would rather spend his birthday with a total stranger than his friends... and I had to meet his parents already. Its not like I could say no.

Oh memories... should have ran away then huh? Just kidding! JDub's not too big on birthdays... He use to pretend he was 18 all the time... now I think he's moved up to 22. He could easily pass for it too! Not sure if I can say the same anymore. We are actually going out to dinner by ourselves tonight!! Yay!!! So its like a little celebration for me too.

I don't think he ever reads this blog... but HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!! Hope you have a great one.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)