Friday, February 25, 2011

it can be soo hard... and so wonderful all at the same time...

Being a Stay At Home Mom is hard work. Being a mom in general is hard work. You clean something only to have it messed up minutes later. You sit down and start a movie thinking everyone is in bed only to hear screaming as soon at the previews are over.

Us SAHM don't get the credit we deserve sometimes either. I always hear the "Oh you're sooo lucky you get to stay home"......... "It would be so nice to be able to be at home like you are....but we just can't".... The thing is... there are alot of people who could stay home... but choose not to. And that's totally fine! I wonder sometimes if I'm even cut out to stay at home?! But please stop with the you're so lucky stuff. Its not luck why I'm home. Its through a lot of hard work and sacrifice. Living on one income and one income only is hard. I haven't had a night away from Ceej since he was born (he's 10 months old now...) and that's mainly b/c I'm still breastfeeding b/c I'm too cheap to want to buy formula!

In the last couple weeks or so I find myself being angry at almost everything. Bubba spills his milk everywhere... I roll my eyes and yell. Ceej has yet another poopy diaper even though he's already had 3 today in the last 4 hours.... UGH. I rarely get breaks from the kids. Yes naptime, and night-time. I have my choir on Sunday nights.... and when I'm not in nursery at church I get a break there as well. MOPS is the 1st and 3rd Tuesday mornings...But even then... Ceej isn't sleeping through the night consistently. The boys (and me) have been sick on and off all winter long. I know I know... complain, complain, complain! I'm a pro at it!


But today I've actually had a decent day! I haven't found myself snapping at Bubba constantly. I find myself smiling and happy when grabbing Ceej out of his crib after just waking up. I know its b/c I have been praying every spare minute I get. Praying to be more patient and loving as a mother. I mean isn't that what mother's are suppose to be? Loving... not yelling every 5 seconds! So yea... as much complaining as I do. I love being a mom to my little boys! They are too cute for words. And I have to admit.... I love hearing "What a joy your older son is".... I've heard this several times.... from his grandparents... which yea they're a little biased.. but also from Moppet workers at my MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers) group, and from women at church in the nursery. Ceej is a joy too... Bubba just knows how to express what he wants since he talks 24/7 at 2 1/2!

Thank you Lord for my wonderful family. I take it for granted how lucky I truly am sometimes.

Also... I have a GREAT husband. He can tell I've been a little... on edge and frazzled lately. While I usually have choir practice we didn't this Sunday. I was a little sad... seeing as it is my guaranteed "time away" every week... he said "Get in the car and go somewhere then... just get out of here..." And I gladly did :) My mom was nice enough to let me take over her bedroom so I could watch Dexter season 5 on Demand! It was awesome... just what I needed :)

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)