Monday, January 31, 2011

my new nook

I was fortunate enough to be spoiled at Christmas and I got a nook!!!! I am really loving it too. I'm pretty cheap... so the fact that you can "borrow" books from the library for FREE is really awesome. Sure it can take forever to get a book....... but I'm patient! Or at least I try to be. Right now I'm patron 15/15 waiting for "The girl with the dragon tattoo." So far I've read two books from the library. And I even got some classics like "Pride and Prejudice" and "Little Women" for free on the nook! I used some of my points from MySurvey.com to get $25 for barnesandnobles.com. I broke down and bought "Twilight" and "New Moon". Yes, I am a huge dork and I love the "Twilight" series!!! I bought the last two books in hard cover a couple years ago when I just couldn't wait to borrow them from the library. I at least got them fairly cheap from Half-price Books.

It also has sudoku!! How cool is that? I don't really like how it tells me how long it took to complete a sudoku puzzle though....... barely under an hour and that was on easy! Lately when its time to put Ceej down at night... I'll nurse him and "rock" him in the glider while I read on my nook. Or while I play sudoku. It's been working out nicely. He doesn't get bothered by me turning pages and I don't have to use both hands either. I just have the regular nook, not the color one... but I am thinking about renting some children's books and seeing if Bubba wants to read them with me. I dunno if he'll get that into it w/o the color... but maybe I'll check it out.

I love my nook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)