Thursday, January 13, 2011

Brand Names

I find it funny how brand names really tend to stick with me. I'm not sure if its the catchy jingles that sometimes come along with them.... or just because. But here are some examples....

I don't call them tissues... on the contrary I call them Kleenex. I know they aren't really called kleenexes... but I just can't help myself. Its always "Can you pass me a kleenex please...." The funny thing is I don't even like Kleenex brand! I prefer Puffs Plus with lotion... but you don't hear me saying "Pass a Puffs please!" I fear I have passed this on to Bubba. He gets runny noses frequently... and you'll hear him yelling "KLEENEX" whenever he needs one.


Honestly I don't even know what you call Pepto-Bismal... except for calling it Pepto-Bismal! I buy the off brand sometimes but I still call it Pepto. I haven't seen those commercials lately either... where they are doing the Upset Stomach... Diarrhea... Heartburn... Indegestion DANCE. Oh man the first time I saw that I was laughing pretty hard. Can you imagine being an actor trying out for one of those commercials? Too funny!

I am stuck on Band-Aid Brand cause germs don't stick on me! I mean who seriously says "Do you have any adhesive bandages?" No one I know. It's "I need a Band-Aid please!" I kind of miss those commercials with the little kids falling and crying and lo and behold the next scene they're smiling and singing the Band-Aid song showing off their new band-aid on their finger/arm/knee...

Neosporin is one of those things too... what is it again? A topical antibiotic? Nope.. its known as Neosporin to me... brand name or not!

Do you call products by their brand names too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)