Sunday, November 21, 2010

Seamstress? who knew?!

Ok so I've dabbled in sewing a little bit over the years.... as mentioned... I made Bubba's 1st official halloween costume..... (a candy corn)
I even helped make my beloved t-shirt quilt (with help from my mom!!). We cut and sewed all the squares and black material in between... I left the batting, backing, and quilting part to a professional...

So when I got wind of this website.... http://www.newdressaday.com/ I thought hey maybe I can do that?.... If you haven't checked this girl out you really should. It is pretty amazing what she can do with a little TLC.

So I decided to try out my skills the other day! I wish I would have taken more pics along the way... I started cutting and then thought, OH wait maybe I should document this! So yea.. Anyway I got this shirt when I was still working in health insurance. An XL... what am I gonna do with that right? I mean JDub's smaller than I am...and I was swimming in the thing.




I cut up the sides of it also cutting off the sleeves. I still wanted sleeves but knew I'd have to adjust them b/c they were pretty big! After that I ended up cutting the sleeves to size (w/o measuring..) and pinning them back onto the shirt and sewing them on. Then I gathered the sides with pins along with the edges of the sleeves and sewed those as well.... I really should cut off some of the length.. and well the shirt is a bit tight at the bottom I guess I should have tried to make it less of a straight cut and have it taper out at the bottom... but at least I know now for future reference... for my first try I'm pretty happy with it!


What do you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)