Saturday, October 2, 2010

Whatever happened to its JUST October?

I miss the days when it was just October... a month that came after September and is in the fall... its when you should go buy pumpkins and carve them for Halloween! Instead... its Breast Cancer awareness month... National Popcorn Popping month... even National Sarcastics Month.... I mean its ridiculous! Don't get me wrong... I love cookies.. but does October really have to be Cookie Month? And wouldnt it make more sense to have Cookie month in December anyway? Afterall for Christmas most people bake cookies...

October 1st is apparenlty World Vegetarian Day... like really they need their own specific day? Why not have "Pick your nose and eat it day!" or "Tell the truth no matter what day!" Oh that would be some day huh? "Oh honey do I look fat in this......" "Um yea... actually you do... please get rid of that outfit you'll never fit into it again!"

Aren't we all pretty aware of Breast Cancer... and Vegetarians? I mean I'm aware they're around... I've even learned a few people I know are vegetarians... why in the world they wouldn't want to eat meat I have no idea... I know some meat-eaters are a lil weird. JDub was talking about some guy he works with that squirrel hunts. Really? Poor, little, cute, furry, squirrels? You'd want to eat THAT?! No thanks... but than again... I guess you could say pigs and cows are cute too (I really dont think chickens qualify at cute...  or turkeys for that matter....)

October 2nd is apparently "Name your Car Day".... what if you've already named your car... are you suppose to rename it? What if you're like most normal people and you have your car for more than a year... are you suppose to rename it every year and then remember what you've named it over the years? Its pretty stupid. I want to know who's job it is to come up with these little "holidays" and overall months... cause it seems like they could be putting their time into something more worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)