Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sometimes Brand Names are worth the extra cost....

I am usually ALL about being cheap... I mean a family of four with one income and diapers coming out of ears.... yea I need to be frugal sometimes. This is why we don't have cable.... we don't go out much.... and we have alot of used furniture and clothes. I love hand me downs from cousins!!! (thank you :) )

But sometimes once you try something... you just can't go back to the cheap stuff! You know what I'm talking about right? Like Simply Orange Juice! It is the BEST BEST orange juice I have ever tasted! Yea... I grew up on that nasty frozen concentrate stuff you add water to and stir.. my grandmother still gets the strainer out for me when I am there for breakfast! Yes, I use to be picky... I didn't like the pulp, but I can deal with it now! I just choose not to! And I can't bring myself to buy the icky orange juice b/c it just isn't as good. Simply Orange Juice is simply THE BEST. If you haven't tried it, you really should! Well wait maybe you shouldn't b/c you'll be like me and not want to drink any other orange juice!

And then there's Oreos...... I mean who doesn't love Oreos right? I know I do! I just about have one every day......(while hiding in my pantry away from Bubba) But the thing is I can't just buy regular Oreos. I have to buy the Double stuffed Oreos. I mean more creme filling?! Yes please! And if you go back to the regular, they just don't taste that great... they're not terrible or anything... but they're no Double Stuff!

Peanut butter is awesome. Its good on celery........ toast......apples.... pb and jelly or pb and banana sandwiches. I really feel sorry for people who are allergic to nuts. That really sucks for you. I don't necessarily have to have a certain brand of peanut butter. I mean I can do Jiffy... or Peter Pan... but the off-brand? Like the store brand?! YUCK! The texture and consistency are just not the same. At least not to me. So yea... apparently choosy moms' do choose Jiff... or however that goes.

I was never a big fan of yogurt. I remember when I was younger and had some sort of virus... the doctor prescribed a tablespoon of yogurt ever hour or some crap like that. I thought I was going to die! Yes, I was (or maybe still am?) a little dramatic... but yogurt just grossed me out... whether it was the taste or texture... I dunno. But I did not care for it. But as I grew up... I tried more and more yogurt... mostly b/c its healthy and they have some decent flavors now. But once I tried the Dannon Light and Fit.. I just can't go back to anything else! I know it has splenda, which in general I try to avoid, but its small amounts right?

I've always liked coffee. My mom said I even drank it when I was little! But I usually need lots of cream and lots of sugar. Once I discovered Dunkin Donuts coffee though.... I just need sugar. Its THAT good! Sure I can drink other coffees.... but at home when I brew my own, I prefer Dunkin Donuts. It makes me sad we don't have a Dunkin Donuts around here anymore... but at least they have their yummy coffee available in grocery stores!!

1 comment:

  1. Agree with you on the OJ. 2nd best is Florida's Best and 3rd - Tropicana. The one thing about Florida's best is ALL the oranges are from the US - (florida) - the others have orange juice from Brazil. lmh

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)