Friday, September 17, 2010

Old Cold...

Have you ever passed out? I have completely passed a few times in my life.... but had some close calls numerous times as well. Its a strange feeling. I remember the first time I passed out...... I was in high school... at my parents house. JDub and I were dating then... I started feeling funny. It was late and time for JDub to leave... he was talking but I can't honestly remember what he was saying b/c I was hearing this whooshing/whirring sound and he sounded all mumbled and quiet. Everything I could see was starting to get blotchy and go black.... just as I shut the door after he left... BAM! I was on the floor. It was so weird. I have no idea how long I was out.... and if I hit the door on my way down or what.

I'm one of those people who gets light-headed pretty easy. If I find myself this way I know I need to sit down, get some sugar... and maybe even a cold cloth on the back of my neck. I'm especially bad when I'm pregnant! From now on I am refusing to see the dentist whenever I'm pregnant (ok....IF I get pregnant again...) For some strange reason, whenever I get in that chair, after a while, I start to feel woozy! Once again things start going black and soon I can't hear the people around me. At least I've felt this feeling before though........So I'm able to warn them. It happened with both my pregnancies! I had to say STOP! I THINK I'M GOING TO PASS OUT! Then of course they're freaking out.... putting me on oxygen... getting me something sugary to drink. It's quite embarrassing. I'm usually drenched in sweat by the end of it... but thankfully I didn't totally go limp either time.

Then there was the time I was donating plasma....... yep... for those of you who have done this before, you know the rooms are packed full of on-lookers. It was terrible. I did the "Um... excuse me... I'm sorry but I think I'm going to pass out!" Which turns into chaos! The workers ran over...started fanning me down... they put cold compresses on my neck... people stared... SOOO embarrassed yet again. I stopped donating shortly after that for fear of it happening again!

Its kind of funny when you see people pass out..... like on TV.. JDub almost did at the birth of Baby! He'll probably deny it.... but when I was getting that epidural (totally recommended by the way :) ) he went all yellow......... But its no fun when its happening to you!

1 comment:

  1. I have done the same thing! It's not cool and now that I'm pregnant I kind of get dizzy spells...haven't passed out yet which I hope doesn't ever happen but get close sometimes.

    DP :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)