Friday, September 3, 2010

Can't live w/o it

Isn't it amazing the things people use to live without? I find it hard to believe... but somehow people managed to live without things like air conditioning! This month has been especially hot... and while I know I could survive w/o it... I dont think my kids could. Bubba for sure needs a haircut. And he instantly sweats when its this hot b/c of it. But he just looks so darn cute! I get several compliments for his cute curls so for now... we'll just sit inside with the air conditioning!!!

I for one hate doing the dishes... it is soo annoying! All I feel like I do is stand in front of that sink scrubbing and rinsing. I can't imagine how much longer I would have to stand there if it weren't for that wonderful invention.... the automatic dishwasher! My neighbor says she never uses hers... and that just baffles my mind!? Who in there right mind would want to spend extra time hand washing and drying dishes all the time? Not me... Now I swear I have to "wash" the dishes before I actually put them in the dishwasher... but still...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yea I wrote that first half a while back... and then lo and behold... my dishwasher is acting up! Its leaving a nice white residue all over the dishes... I have to take them and soak them in vinegar just to get that off... and then handwash them. Double duty if you ask me. We've tried looking at the water softener.. which apparently did have a bit of a clog in it.. but the dishwasher is still not right. We tried running a load with vinegar in there, but apparently that damages the dishwasher (if the thing doesn't work anyway... does it really matter?) And now we're going to try some different detergent... who knows if this attempt with fail too. I HATE hand-washing dishes. I have enough crap to clean up as is... do I really need to do this too? I swear JDub just uses every dish known to man too! Does he ever hand-wash the dishes? um NO. So while I'm over here using paper plates and washing my one dish I used in the morning to reuse at lunch and then wash again for dinner... his dishes are just piling up...

Please let this new dish soap work! I feel like all I do is stand in front of the kitchen sink all day long... Bubba's going to start asking where Mommy is and automatically go there to find me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)