Monday, August 2, 2010

I Dreamed a Dream


Please sing the following to the tune of I Dreamed a Dream from Les Mis!


There was a time when I would sleep
When no screams or cries
would wake my slumber
There was a time when I would unwind
And I'd relax
Resting was so amazing
There was a time
then it all was lost.....

I Dreamed a Dream in time gone by
when everyone could speak
and use the potty
I dreamed that I'd never get so annoyed
I dreamed that burp rags were a plenty
Then I was clueless and well rested
And dishes were used, washed and put away
There were no diapers to be changed
No tantrums thrown, no food wasted

But the children come all day
with their whining soft as thunder
as they tear your world apart
your dream's faint and far away

We use to be cool and much less lame
we'd see friends and go out after twilight
I use to be known by my first name!
But "Mommy" is all I am right now
And still I dream for time to read
And money to go on vacation
But there are purchases we can't forsee
And there are dreams that are not useful

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this one I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has tainted the dream I dreamed

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)