Thursday, July 1, 2010

Old = lame

Is it just me or the older you get... the more lame you become? I mean think about it... when you were younger you got excited about fun things like dances... and graduating high school. Then cool parties and going out to the bars.... then of course graduating college... then came marriage and children! But after all that what's there to get excited about?

Here are some examples of the things I get excited about and you tell me how lame it is...
-finding a coupon for something I needed to buy anyway...
-finding a great sale on kids clothes...
-when my doorbell rings and its my order from diapers.com
-getting my workout and shower in before JDub gets home from work
-a great cup of coffee
-even having the time to write on this blog is awesome!
-when Elmo is on so I can get some things done around the house...
-fitting into some of my old shorts.. (ok that one's pretty awesome... and I'm proud of that... but still need to do some work...)
-getting a babysitter :)

So yea... I really think the older you get its the smallest things that make you happy. Which in turn makes you pretty lame... Then again... maybe there's a curve on it ya know? Like you're lame for 25 years or so... but then once your kids are grown and on their own you're back to cool things that excite you.. like retiring and going on cruises and what not....

1 comment:

  1. You will get excited about Bubba's and baby's )first day of school, when he starts to read, his sports or other extracurricular activities. When he gets baptized, etc. etc. When he is excited about something - you will be too. It's a Mom thing. (Mom)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)