Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tanning

I am one of those people who use to indoor tan frequently... It just makes you feel good! It's a nice relaxing time... and I could usually only go for 10 minutes at a time b/c I'm practically albino... In college it was great b/c a roomie of mine worked at a rec center where we could go in and tan for free! It was so awesome. I love laying outside to tan as well... but honestly who has the time? And then you get those pesky tan lines... You have to remember to turn over or you'll get burned on one side and be all white on the other. And don't even get me started trying to tan the sides of your legs or body if you're laying out... its nearly impossible!

Honestly though, I dont know if I should technically call it tanning for me. Cause I tend to turn a shade of pink or red... not brown so much. Well I guess you can say I turn a little brown because I get more freckles when I'm out in the sun. I get so sick of seeing those commercials where they're talking about skin damage and dark spots..... they talk about freckles like they're blemishes! Well if freckles are blemishes than I have the worse case of acne anyone has ever seen!

So lately I've turned to using those self-tanning lotions. They're not all bad. I know a couple years back I used one of those gradual ones. Where when you use it every day it gradually turns your skin a darker shade. If I recall it worked pretty well. But honestly I dont shower every day..... let alone put lotion on so I dont see that one working out right now. I usually have some time on the weekend to take a nice long shower... exfoliate... shave... all that good stuff so that's when I take the time to use the self-tanning lotion! Here's the best way I find to use it....

1.Exfoliate and shave your legs. (I've only been using the lotions on my legs b/c my arms are pretty freckled from exposure right now anyway...and NO ONE needs to see my stomach right now... yuck!) I have this sugar scrub from bath and body works... or any type of scrub with beads to help get that dead skin off should work.
2. Completely dry your skin. If you have any drops of water on you at all it will cause streaks which is NOT attractive... I know from experience.
3. Put a nice creamy lotion in areas that crease... like around your ankles, your knees, and your feet.
4. Then I like to use the self-tanner lotion... I usually do the front, then back and rub it into the sides in circular motions on my calves and then thighs.
5. I find when applying the lotion to my knees, ankles, and feet, it is best to mix it half and half with another gentle lotion (like lubriderm). That way you don't risk getting it too dark and settling into the creases...

Of course you should let it dry before putting clothes on, and I wouldn't recommend putting any tight clothes on after.... just make sure you do it on a day you can lounge around for an hour or so until it completely dries... no working out, or showering... You could even do it right before you go to bed! or start a long movie...

I guess while I miss tanning... at least they have this substitute.... as long as you don't cake it on and put too much you won't look orange. And hey... don't we all look better with a tan?! I know I do... cellulite... stretch marks... you name the flaw and a little tan will do wonders on the your appearance!

1 comment:

  1. I like being albino! White is nice! :) I tried the tanning bed a few times and I got burned after only being in there five minutes! You would think that I have the same skin as you but I guess not. I guess I'll just have to live with the flaws or workout my legs a little more to
    get rid of the cellulite!

    DP :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)