Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer time!!

Oh garage sales how I love thee!!!

This time of year is great! The weather is nicer.... I dont have to be cooped up in the house as much... we can go for walks... and go garage saleing!!! The only problem is, it is not an easy thing to do with two children.... especially an almost 2 year old and a newborn! Yikes. I recruited my mom to come along with me on Friday. Let's just say we only made it to 2 garage sales.... hardly worth going across town... but it was nice to try it out. Then again I did get some clothes for the boys and even some stuff for myself all for under $12!!! Bubba has already enjoyed wearing his new Thomas the tank engine summer pj's and I can't wait to see Baby in his new ISU gear!

One thing that sucks about this time of year is all the construction!!! I swear you can't go a mile w/o running into some (here in Iowa anyway). I know the roads are terrible... but jeez. You might as well say we only have 2 seasons.... winter... and construction... so much for spring summer and fall!

Summertime is fun though. JDub and I just celebrated our 4-year anniversary! Well I dunno if I'd call it much of a celebration.... If I recall we had a nice family from church drop off some dinner (yes people are still dropping off food 6 weeks after the birth of Baby! Its awesome :) ) we did our usual nightly routine... feeding the kids... bathing the kids... and went to bed early! Oh well... what do you expect! My bday is coming up next week too... whoo hoo.. birthday's just aren't as much fun the older you get.... that and the fact it falls on Father's Day this year... so I think I'm gettin screwed just a lil bit... cause JDub will get all the attention! j/k No he deserves it! He is an awesome father to our little boys... And apparently he says we're done having kids (honestly, this is the worst time to decide that.... Baby is still too young!).

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the kid thing will change. I love you!

    DP :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom said that after DLH-P. then she got preggo with you! (whoops). you didn't turn out so bad.

    -FLH

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)