Monday, May 17, 2010

Caffeine

I'm pretty sure I am addicted to caffeine... I'm not sure when it happened... It must have been this year... but I cannot function if I do not get some form of caffeine in me before the day is over. Bubba loves to help me make my coffee in the morning! He helps me get the filter (sometimes he wants to give me several.... not just one) and then he brings me the bag of coffee grinds to pour in... and then of course he always wants to push the button to start the pot. For some reason our coffee maker likes to beep several times when the coffee is finished brewing. I guess if you don't hear the first 3 beeps it makes sure by beeping 3 more times! But anyway... I guess I usually say oh the coffee's done.. whenever I hear the beeping. So now of course Bubba has to make sure I know when its done... and he says in his cute little voice "THE COFFEE'S DONE!!!" Not just once mind you.... if any of you out there have an almost 2 year old... or have had kids... you know they must repeat it over and over and over... sometimes I try to ignore him when he does this. But most of the time he gets mad and starts pouting unless I say something like "Oh yep... the coffee is done thank you."

If I haven't mentioned this before... Dunkin Donuts coffee is VERY good. It is my favorite. It makes me wish they still had a Dunkin Donuts around here! I should just open one up somewhere... that way I'd get my coffee fix... and I'd help everyone else who might want one! Then again..... if I were to open up any kind of food establishment.. I'd have to do a Krystal... Its just so ridiculous not having one up north! I could still get my caffeine fix with the sweet tea there!

SIDE NOTE:
So I just stopped down in our office in the basement... It has been weeks since I've been down there... JDub usually handles the bills and well I'm a little busy these days with 2 boys constantly needing me. So anyway... right out on the desk is this graduation card... and it read like this... I quote " JDub.... Congrats on graduating! It seems like yesterday when you were a freshman and I was in the 8th grade heart-throbbing over you and gawking at you from across the lunch room! :) Where does the time go?! Good luck in your future endevers! I'm sure you'll be successful in all you do! Keep in touch...." blah blah... signed we'll call her GiGi....

So looks like someone just had to hold on to this card for some reason... Do I need to mention he just had his High school's 10 year reunion? I wonder why...pretty sure he's thrown out plenty of little love notes and cards I've given him over the years... but oh we just have to keep a hold of this one right?! JEEZ!!!! What are your thoughts out there?

5 comments:

  1. Makes him feel good to think he had an admirer. I would probably keep it too - if I had one. I remember visiting your Dad @ college and lo and behold on his desk was a picture of me AND the girl he had dated before me. Boy was I mad! I'm sure he just wanted to show off for his college buddies that he had lots of girlfriends. BTW - I love Dunkin Donuts coffee, also. Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am addicted to Caffeine. I know this for a fact because if I don't have some tea or dt. coke or dt. mtn dew...I am a mess!

    DP

    ReplyDelete
  3. To quote (or misquote) an Eric Clapton song - "Before you 'cuse me, take a look at yourself" Are YOU perhaps holding on to some little something somewhere from someone? And if you are, no matter how innocent or inadvertently, why? Sounds like no big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as far as I know... NO, I am not holding onto anything... does this anonymous person know something I don't?! Cause I don't like being a hippocrit... or however you spell that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby has a box of letters from a couple specific girlfriends before me. They were serious relationships... I don't mind so much that he holds on to them (in a box in the basement) as much as I mind that he doesn't want me to look at anything in the box. Jeremy is a steller husband. Nothing to worry about =)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)