Thursday, March 11, 2010

Terrible Twos?!

I don't know if we've already hit the infamous terrible twos... or if I'm just thinking its bad and it hasn't even begun! I love Veggie Tales! I mean its cute... its about God, there's silly, catchy songs.... but I really don't need to watch it 4 times a day! I thought I'd be nice and buy some Veggie Tales fruit snacks.... oh man that's all Bubba wants to eat! All he does is run to the pantry and say "Bob!"For those of you who are not familiar... Bob is the tomato from Veggie Tales. I usually let him have a pack of fruit snacks a day. I know you're prolly thinking that's too much... but he just loves them! He smiles and pops them into his mouth and goes 'mmmmmmm' like its the best thing ever!

I have the Silly Sing along video of Veggie Tales where they highlighted a few of their favorite songs and have little skits in between. This is the only Veggie Tales video my son wants to watch. He has no interest in watching an actual episode with a lesson and Bible verses... no... he just wants to watch the silly songs! Don't worry, I know them all by heart. I know exactly what skit will be coming on next and what song is to follow. I can pretty much recite the entire 30 minute video! I limited him to watching it twice yesterday.... Only the good Lord knows how many times he will request to watch it today (so far just once but it is only noon). He just cries and cries and throws little fits saying "Bob!" over and over again....

But I will tell you one good thing. I know you might think I'm terrible but it is the best baby-sitter around. He sits like a quiet little zombie glued to that TV when it is on. So there's my 30 minutes to run around and try to get something done. I don't just leave him... I check in on him from time to time... he might glance up at me and then back to the TV and say Bob!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)