Saturday, February 27, 2010

working mom for a week

Well I just had my official working mom week.... My old boss and his assistant (who took over for me when I decided to stay home) were out of town all week "in training meetings". While they were away I tried my best to hold down the fort and answer emails and phone calls.... fax in applications and what not! I worked 8-4 Monday-Thursday... cause those were the days I could get a free babysitter :). JDub and I actually switched roles! He took a few days off work and stayed home with Bubba while I went in. Hopefully he enjoyed the time alone with our son more than the opportunity to take a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day...... I'm not gonna lie... it was kinda nice! It was a nice change of pace for a little bit... But by Friday I was glad to be home with my lil guy. And leaving in the morning and him crying was kinda hard..

It kinda makes me think maybe I could be a part-time working mom... like 1-2 days a week work outside the home... but then still be home most of the time with my soon to be 2 children. Obviously this won't be for a while... considering those first few months with a newborn are exhausting... or at least they were for me! And of course we'd have to get free babysitting to really make it worth it (aka grandmothers :) ) Money is so tight sometimes it would be nice to have additional money flowing in! I guess we'll see...

Monday was an insane day though... it just made me glad I don't work outside the home anymore. I use to work in the insurance business.... and it being the end of the month (when people decide to wait til the last minute to get insurance for March 1st effective) and also apparently a certain insurance company decided to increase their premiums for all members and send out a notice.... it was craziness. Most people were very nice, realizing that I couldn't help them but they had to wait until my boss got back... but others of course freaked out yelling and what not... You'd think it was the end of the world!

All in all I'd say it was a good week! JDub got to see what it was like to be me (sort-of... I mean its not like he did a whole lot of cleaning....) and when the paycheck comes in that will be nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)