Wednesday, February 3, 2010

why me?

As a stay-at-home mom I tend to talk to myself during the day. Well not so much talk to myself... but talk to Bubba as I'm doing mundane things... for example. "Mommy will be right back, I need to throw this in the garbage," "Where is the remote... have you seen the remote?" "Its time to brush our teeth! Come on let's go to the bathroom..." etc etc. I try to turn that off once JDub's home, cause I'm sure he doesn't like hearing every little thing I'm doing... but it can be hard.

So last night after Bubba had his bath and bottle I had to use the restroom.. Of course I had to annouce it to everyone.. "Mommy has to go potty..." as Bubba follows me into the bathroom. I do my business, flush the toilet, wash my hands and notice he's gone over to he toilet, lifted the lid, grabbed his potty seat and placed in on the other seat. I say "Now we don't play in the potty... do you have to go potty?" And he looks at me and smiles (which usually means yes). So I say "Ok, let's go potty then!" I proceed to take his sleeper off, and the diaper, and roll the onesie up so its not dangling into the toilet, place him on his potty seat and wait. I try to be encouraging and helpful and tell him this is how we use the potty when I notice he's actually peeing! In my excitement I yell to JDub... "He's actually peeing! He's using the toilet!!" and then Bubba begins to cry.... uncontrollably. NOT GOOD. I don't usually yell that much, and I was trying to tell him I wasn't yelling at him of course! I was just excited so I start clapping and saying yay... JDub comes in the bathroom with a nice "Way to go mom....." And now I'm pretty sure my son is traumatized from the experience. While I was trying to show him how happy I was that he used the potty, instead he seriously would not stop crying!
So far today he hasn't had any interest in using the potty... just in lifting the lid and putting his potty seat on and off... I hope I haven't ruined it.

p.s. don't you like that the photo I found above is a girl with pigtails?! funny...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)