Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Day

Honestly.... I find Valentine's Day a holiday that is kind of a load of crap...... I mean I'm a girl... so of course I love pampering, chocolates, flowers, all of those things... but is it necessary for them to declare a day when all of these things MUST happen? And everyone's all ooo what are you plans? What are you getting JDub? Well we're really cheap and don't have money to spend on frivolous things... so I wrote him a poem! Yea I know..... pretty lame.. It's not the first time I've done this. Sometimes I'll write them for his birthday... or our anniversary... just random things. I figure its more personal than buying a card someone else came up with. And I try my best to put a little bit of humor in there as well. Actually its mostly humor and I try to throw in a little appreciation or love dovey stuff.

We're not one of those PDA (public displays of affection) couples... In fact those couples kind of gross me out (you know who you are out there!). I mean what do you have to prove to everyone around that you love the one you're with? Get a room! j/k....

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day anyway! Just cause I think its a silly holiday doesn't mean I don't want you to enjoy yourselves. I hope you have a special someone to spend it with... I know I have 2! (JDub and Bubba of course :) )I have a feeling it will be like any other day for me... but hopefully I won't get any judgemental looks from my husband if/when I stuff my face with chocolate! :)

And for all your enjoyment... look at this cute puppy born with a little heart shaped pattern!!!

2 comments:

  1. That puppy pic is so cute! Yeah Pat and I are getting a massage...it may be some money but I figure once a year we can do that. What am I talking about we spend our money anyway...oh well we will learn someday! Probably when we have some children. :) Lol!

    DP

    ReplyDelete
  2. JG and I went to a cool restaurant. $$$ but worth it!

    -FH

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)