Thursday, January 21, 2010

insomnia

Why is it when you want to sleep you can't... and when you don't really have time to sleep you want to? I just don't get it... Last night I could not get to sleep for the life of me... I kept staring at that clock hoping and wishing I would fall asleep. It didn't help that I had gnarly heartburn. When I use to hear people complaining about their heartburn I thought oh jeez suck it up... but man when I get it b/c of pregnancy I feel ya! You never know what people are going through until you experience it yourself. And it sucks big time.

I literally hopped into bed around 10:30... and the last time I looked at the clock it was a little before midnight. I finally gave in and popped a couple Tums to attempt to help with heartburn... I just kept lying there thinking oh I could go fold the laundry in the dryer... or work on a little project I started for Father's Day or the one for Valentine's Day... but then I think no! I need to be sleeping or I'm going to have a long day tomorrow! Then it made me think about infomercials... Since I do have a TV in the bedroom now I was tempted to turn it on. But then I felt bad b/c I wasn't alone in bed and that would be rude... but aren't infomercials funny sometimes?

I know most people probably don't watch them unless they're up really late at night and there's nothing else to watch. Since I don't have cable sometimes during the day that's all there is to see! (Unless I want to watch stupid soap operas or some terrible court tv shows... I mean I like People's Court and Judge Judy.... but most of those other people aren't very good). I haven't given in and bought anything from an infomercial in a long time... it seems like nowadays you can get "As seen on Tv" items from stores now too! I did get a bump it (as a present) and I love my turbie twists. I still want to try that WEN shampoo... I also got one of those GT 101 Xpress things as a present and I love it! Well I mostly love it.... here's what it is....

I love making omelets, hot ham-n-cheese's and mini cakes when I really need something sweet! The only problem I'm having is with its non-stick coating. Its not so non-stick anymore and its getting to be a pain to clean. Instead of just pouring the ingredients in and coming back I have to remember to spray it with Pam and even then stuff still sticks. Then yesterday I ran across the Xpress Redi Set Go! Its new and improved from the original GT Xpress.

So I dunno if you can tell but instead of having two wells... it has one big one, but also has inserts for two wells and little muffin things too! It looks like it has a timer too which would be nice. I am tempted to get one...but I think I'll put it on my wish list and see what happens. I really do like the one I have.... and it works... but I have a feeling I'd like the newer one even better!

Those infomercials can really get you sometimes! Wouldn't you love to be the actors on them? They get to be so over-dramatic and over the top its ridiculous. Have you seen that toothpaste one where the people are like "are you tired of this?!" and it shows people squeezing their toothpaste tube and getting toothpaste on the countertop, their hands, even the ground... I mean come on like its that hard to squeeze a normal amount of toothpaste on your toothbrush w/o making a mess everywhere... Kids ya that's one thing I can totally see them making a mess... but adults? Oh and there are sooo many workout ones too. Whether its for equipment or a video of some sort. I know people who have bought the Bean, or Pilates tapes.... even that P90X thing if you want to get really ripped.... I just stick to my instant Netflix workouts... (allthough I haven't been doing those lately.....).

1 comment:

  1. I was gonna get you that for Christmas! But I thought that you needed a coat more...

    FLH

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)