Monday, January 4, 2010

happy new year 2010!

Time flies when you're having fun right? Or just b/c that's what time does in general.... flies by... This year Jeremy and I will celebrate our 4th year of marriage and welcome our 2nd child into this world. Its kinda crazy to think that.... the whole 4th year of marriage isn't much of a surprise considering we've been dating since my junior year of high school..... its seems like we've been together forever; and that's not a bad thing. But sometimes I think oh I'm still young... and then I think wait... am I? I mean I know I look young... been hearing that one for years... and will still hear it for a while I'm sure. But I'm getting up there! You know you're getting old when you get excited to get new laundry baskets for Christmas... and a Snuggie! Something I do... not necessarily b/c I'm old, but because I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached sometimes... is have my very own wish list :)



Sometimes I'll see an infomercial or want something I don't need at that very moment, but think "yea, I could use that down the road!" and I'll write it on my wish list. I keep my list posted on the fridge for all to see. Some people might think I'm greedy, but really these aren't all necessities, they're just things I wish I had. I dont really see the harm in having my list. I mean honestly, wouldn't you rather get a present you really want? Sure there are things out there that I love getting that aren't on my list, but it is great to mark things off of it! In fact I made a new list all together after Christmas b/c I had so many items on there people gave me. When it comes to birthdays, anniversaries, and Christmas, most of the time people will ask you what you want! Not that I'm expecting to get anything at all.... but I'm pretty fortunate to have great friends and family who like to buy me things :) This way I go to my fridge, look over my list.... and mention a few ideas. They don't have to take my suggestions, but I do feel it helps to write them down b/c I forget what is on my list frequently...

So hey, I encourage you, if you have a husband who needs a little help sometimes remind him of that special list that's posted for all to see. He can even pass information on to his family if they need some hints as well. There's nothing wrong with telling people what you want if they ask!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's greedy to ask for something that you want. When people ask...they should expect that you may tell them what you want...:)

    DP :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)