Friday, January 29, 2010

general observation

Its pretty easy to tell if I'm having a good day or not.... Here are a few signs its been a good day!

-I've showered! This usually means my son took a nap at some point and I had 15 minutes to myself to shower and get dressed for the day.... Although sometimes "get dressed" can still mean I'm in sweatpants. At least they're usually clean sweatpants, and not what I was wearing when I went to bed the night before. I mean what I need to dress to the hilt to hang out with a one year old all day? I dont think so.....

-I greet you at the door with a smile and don't shove my child on you right away! If its been a bad day I'm known to hear my husband come home and immediately say "yay daddy's home... go find daddy..." and mumble something like you're driving me crazy.....


-It smells clean... Whether that means I mopped the kitchen floor, dusted, wiped down the kitchen counters... If something got clean its usually a good sign I had the chance to do so.

-Dinner is in the works... If its been a long day the last thing I want to do it make dinner! So if I have things prepared or stuff set out in preparation its a good sign :)

Here are some ways you know its been a bad day..........

-I say "hey let's order pizza for dinner!" While I do enjoy pizza very much, especially one that gets delievered to my door, most of the time I want that when I don't want to cook anything b/c its been a crazy day.


-My kitchen counters are a mess. (obviously this picture is not of my house... it reminds me of an episode of hoarders though...) I hate clutter on the kitchen counters. So if there are piles of dishes/papers/food on them, its cause I've been too busy to clear them off at some point.

-Toys are everywhere. I usually try to pick up a few toys here and there throughout the day. My lil guy has a tendancy to pull every toy out and leave it in the middle of the floor. So if they're still everywhere... I've been lazy!

So there you have it... now all of the signs can't happen at the same time for it to be a good day... I mean it could but its highly unlikely. Also... I could very easily be having a great day.. and get some of these things done and then bam! It can quickly turn into a not so good day... only time will tell. JDub can usually tell within 5 minutes what kind of day I've had... that's what happens when you've been with someone for so long right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)