Tuesday, December 15, 2009

tired of being politically correct?


I know I am.... Get ready to listen to a rant... just cause its been one of those days I guess...

Why do people have to be overly sensitive? Why do I find myself walking on eggshells trying not to offend someone? When did we all lose our sense of humor?! Ugh. I get so annoyed sometimes having to censor my reactions or thoughts on a subject. If you ask my opinion of something I would love telling you what I really think! Then again... some people just can't handle it. I'd love to be "House" for a day. For those of you who are wondering what in the world I'm talking about... its Gregory House main character from the Fox TV show HOUSE. He rarely censors himself, almost always telling you what he really thinks on something. Personally I find it refreshing. And it makes me a little jealous. How nice it would be to be able to do that for a day (with no consequences). Ahh but in the real world we can't act like that.

Let me tell you, when I ask your opinion on something, I really truly do want your honest opinion. I rarely fish for compliments (my husband would probably beg to differ). The other day my mom stopped by after being gone for a few days. I'm preggo and feel huge! Its like I've gained 20 lbs in a week. So I said I'm huge now look at me! She responded how I wanted her to... "yea, you are getting kinda big!". I like to know I'm not crazy... I like to know there are other people on the same wave length that I am. Therefor, I wanted to hear that yes, I do look huge, and its not all just in my head. I didn't need the "Oh no you dont... you look great... its your 2nd baby... blah blah". I wanted the exact truth, yep, you're a huge cow. It made me feel better.

Are there people out there like me? Who also like to get peoples honest and real thoughts on something? Cause lately it seems like we have to be all politically correct..... well life's too short. If you didnt want my honest opinion why did you ask me? Maybe I'm too cynical. My mom thinks I'm too young to already be thinking this way in life.

There are exceptions... Like for instance if you have an ugly baby. If someone you know has an ugly baby and they say "isn't he just the cutest?!" you pretty much have to say "yes, yes, he is!". My nurse at the hospital when my son was born once said "if we have a not so cute baby we usually say something like 'that's a fine baby you have there'". So keep that in mind I guess... but yea you better say my baby's cute, cause well I couldnt handle anything else said in that matter. If I ask you if I look ok in an outfit and I dont, feel free to wail on me and tell me what you really think, cause I can handle that! And while I might disagree with you, I usually ask cause in some way I think I don't look ok and I need to hear it from someone else.

You've all seen Tommy Boy right?.....

Tommy: Does this suit make me look fat?


Richard Hayden: No, your face does.

While Tommy Boy was probably hoping it was just the suit... he knew deep down he needed to lose some weight...
 
So all in all I guess I just want to say STOP TRYING TO SPARE MY FEELINGS OR WHATEVER. I'm an adult and I can handle it. If I were back in Jr. High or High School I would probably be thinking differently... but I'm all grown up now. If I ask your opinion of something, please say it like it is!? Life's too short... I dont want to be one of those American Idol rejects who were told sooo many times they could sing when in fact they cannot...

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)