Monday, December 7, 2009

Money

Money is the root of all evil... right? Isn't that how one of the sayings goes? I know its the number one issue/argument most people have in a marriage. We all need it to survive... yet it can cause so much heartache.


I love Ellen Degeneres! I try to watch her show every day. She's always dancing and giving away free stuff. I so wish I could go to a taping one day! Lately with these hard economic times she has been helping those "less fortunate" people out. I have quotes around that for a reason. I know in certain situations people can't help themselves. For whatever reason they aren't able to pay their bills, provide for their children, have a decent car. But I can't help but feel discouraged when she gives away thousands of dollars to these people to help them get out of debt. Everyone has debt. That's just pretty much a fact of life (owning a house, car, school loans... you name it, most people have debt). But it almost seems like she's helping the people who weren't very responsible! I mean anyone can get themselves into debt and not choose wisely. That's the easiest thing to do!? So it kinda makes me mad when I see her give these people $25,000 and a brand new car... along with a chance to go to one of her 12 days of giveaways! I know its selfish. I should just be happy for these people and not jealous. But we live a simple life... we manage just fine, but I can't write her a sappy letter telling her how hard times are b/c I know I'm fortunate. Am I terrible or what? My argument is simply this.... while it is nice to help those in need... isn't it nice to reward those who live simply and more wisely too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)