Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Freecycle

Have you heard of Freecycle?! If not you need to look it up. My sister is the first person to tell me about it. Which if you know my sister... she's like the cheapest person I know so it totally makes sense that she would know about it... anyway....


Freecycle is a group that is trying to reduce garbage in the landfills and help the earth! If you become a part of it you get emails from people in your area trying to get rid of their stuff! Now the name is FREEcycle for a reason. Its not like craigslist where you barter a price for items, it is strictly something you are wanting to gid rid of for free. For example, I have gotten rid of an automatic cat/dog feeder and electric can-opener. While I could have possibly taken these to goodwill, or tried to sell them at Stuff, it was so much easier to just post it online and have the "buyers" come to me. All I had to do was set it on my front porch and tell them where to pick it up and they were gone! In addition to getting rid of some unwanted stuff, I have gotten free stuff as well. (Maternity clothes and a firewood holder). Along with posts offering things you can request items as well... I haven't done this yet, so I'm not sure how well it works.. but you'd be surprised what some people want to give away for free or have if you request it! I've seen things like kids clothes and toys, formula, coupons, christmas decorations, washers and dryers, strollers etc... You also have to post your location to know if its worth it to drive across town or not.

My only let-down is you get tons of email posts with items people want to give away... it can be an overload if you haven't checked your email for a while. But I dont usually give my yahoo account away for regular emails... it's kind of my "junk" email address.

1 comment:

  1. I love freecycle!

    -FH (proud she is the cheapest person you know)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)