Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Good to the last Drop

I hate to waste things... (well except the butt-ends of a bread loaf... I don't mind throwing those away... no one really likes to eat those do they?). So I try my best to use every last bit of something. For example.... I have probably 4 different bottles of random things that are practically gone but I keep scraping more out.

I love pump lotions because of the convenience. No worrying about taking a lid on and off... or turning it over and squeezing it... just pump and its right there! This is also great for hand soap too. The only problem is it always leaves a little bit at the bottom unused! Hence my half-empty bottle strewn about. Now I don't really mind taking the extra time to get my money's worth... but I think my hubby might be a little annoyed. Oh well... I'm just trying to save us cash!

Also I like to use the last drop b/c most of the containers now-a-days are plastic, and you want to use the last bit to recycle once you're done! I am soo thankful Marion has a recycling center for its residences. My sister lives down in TN and she has no recycling whatsoever... Well I take that back, she might but its not convenient. And well I dunno if I would recycle as much as I do if it wasn't as convenient for me as it is. All I have to do is put a bin out at the end of the driveway with my trash every week. They come by and pick up the trash and recycling all in one trip! Now they do not take glass.... but the center is not far from our house so we usually stock pile that and take it in later. Which I don't find that inconvenient... we don't seem to have as much glass as other recyclables anyway.

I really do encourage you to recycle!! Its so important for our planet. Lots of things can be recycled that you might not even know about! Look for this symbol and check with your local city/county rules!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)