Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Starter of Projects

I love starting projects. I love getting the materials all ready to go. (Especially if there is any shopping involved). I like coming up with an idea and preparing a plan. The only problem is.... I rarely seem to finish the projects I start.

For example:

1. I have a scrapbook that I started in college that is strickly a "college years" book. I left pages blank along the way with the idea that I would print certian photos off and finish the book... Well the other month I decided snapfish was having a sale on prints... so I'd print a bunch off and get going! Well I think I did about 4 pages... and whoops... it fell to the wayside.

2. This past summer I decided it would be fun to try and make a t-shirt quilt out of all my old high school t-shirts. Shirts from my involvement in show choir, volleyball, etc. I recruited my aunt Sandra, my sisters, and my mom to help me. Its a very long process... We had to cut all the t-shirts, iron on this pellon stuff to make the material thicker, make a template and cut each panel out my hand. They helped with the cutting of the t-shirts and ironing on... and that seemed to take long enough. I mostly did the tracing and cutting with the template. There's a lot more to it than just that... but I'll spare you until a later post when the quilt is actually done! Right now I have started sewing the panels together... but still its yet another project that is not complete....

3. I came up with this idea for Christmas gifts this year. I'm not going to go into details in case the people receiving the gifts read this blog... but there are several things I want to do... most of which I have started on, but again have not completed...

Why is it so easy for me to start something and so hard for me to see it to the end?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)