Friday, October 23, 2009

Can you Excel at Everything all at Once?

Personally I KNOW I can't excel in every area every day. Its just not an attainable goal for me. The past two weeks I'd have to way I'm excelling great when it comes to cooking! Last week it was lasagna, BLT's, tacos, then Sunday it was ham and cheesy potatoes, chicken quesadillas and 7-layer salad, and I even made pumpkin bars to take over to dinner at my sister's tonight. I have to say we have eaten very well the last couple of weeks. Well... maybe not super healthy.. I mean there was a lot of butter and heavy cream involved.... but it beats grilled cheese sandwiches. But in the mean time... other things have definately gone to the wayside.


How do people do it? Or do people do it... I mean my house is a pit! I need to mop the kitchen floor soo bad it is not even funny.... sure I've cleaned the kitchen counters... showered almost every day.... and picked up around the house. But it is in no means up to par. I don't even get how working mom's can do it! I'm home all day and I can't even get this stuff done. Now I'll admit... I've been kinda lazy lately... being tired and worn out (I'm totally blaming the pregnancy). But I just can't get it all done. I usually try to get on top of laundry before things get low... but I have not been on the ball.

I am no June Cleaver... or super hero... I hope there are more out there like me... and I'm not the only one who can't excel in everything. I feel like if I take more time cleaning.... then I'm not spending enough time with my son. If I spend more time with him... then I'm not cooking, or showering, or getting chores done! I guess I need to work on my balancing skills... I'm sure it wouldn't kill me if one day I focus on cleaning... and the next focus on playtime... then the next a little me time... but I just can't seem to balance it all. I watch those shows like The Nanny and think how can they have a schedule?! But maybe I should look into that.... It seems to work for them.

2 comments:

  1. oh i wish i could be the jack of any trade at all. I'm still working on being good at any one thing. not good at cooking or cleaning or anything domestic. and I am the queen of starting projects that don't get finished. you're not alone, but you're at least a step ahead of me. I'd be glad for the A+ cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I dunno if I'd say A+ cooking... but definately A+ for effort! you'll have to ask Jeremy if its up to par.... although sometimes I think he'd eat anything!! and hey at least I'm not alone on some of that stuff thank you!!! I'm sure you're much better at domestic things than you think :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)