Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What Really Grinds My Gears

I'm sure a few of you have heard this phrase before... yes, I'll admit I watch the Family Guy. It can be quite crude and offensive... but it is pretty funny too.

So on behalf of Family guy.... I'm here to bring you this segment of what really grinds my gears.....

DRIVERS WHO DO NOT YEILD TO AMBULANCES

Ya know what really grinds my gears? People driving totally oblivious to the fact there is an ambulance trying to get by them while they're a. talking on their cell phone b. jamming to their radio station c. yelling at their children in the back d. picking their nose... e. etc.

Ambulances are there to help people! What if that ambulance was going to the aid of your friends, or family members? What if the ambulance didn't make it in time? I try to always be aware of my surroundings when I'm driving. I don't have my radio so loud I can't even think, let alone not hear a siren. It's not that hard to notice flashing lights in your rear view mirror either!

The other day I was waiting at a stop light watching while an ambulance was approaching the intersection. The ambulance was approaching the red light, but they don't have to stop at those because they're an emergency vehicle... Some woman (now I hate saying woman b/c we tend to get a bad rap on driving in general... but it was a woman this time) was just yacking away on her cell phone, pulled up waiting to turn left at the light. Of course she is oblivious to why the oncoming traffic stopped flowing (B/C there was an ambulance approaching...) and she started pulling out right in front of the ambulance! I had my window rolled down and started waving my arms around trying to signal her to stop... which she did just in the nick of time.

Pay attention when you're driving... and please, please PLEASE yield to ambulances... where ever you happen to be headed is most likely not that important if you are a little late... but ambulances need to get where they are going fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)